- Ford's latest mock is unchanged in the top six, with the Bucks taking Jeff Green. He also mentions the aforementioned possibility of Philly offering the 12th, 21st and a future 1st or Dallas offering Devin Harris. Sadly no mention of Biedrins. In the second round he has us taking UMass forward Stephane Lasme, who I would be thrilled to snag at 56. While undersized, he's a ridiculous shotblocker and rebounder.
- Gery Woelfel reports Larry Harris and company have narrowed down their options to drafting two players or trading the pick. So who are the players? Horford will be gone, so you assume he's not one of the players mentioned. The Bucks are rumored to rate Conley and Yi right after Horford, so those could be the two. But given Yi's trepidation about the city of Milwaukee, it's also possible Conley and Jeff Green are the two players, and that the proposed trade would involve Yi should he slip to 6. More on that below. Woelfel also mentions a deal involving Bobby Simmons and the 6th pick going to Phoenix for Shawn Marion, but that seems rather too good to be true.
- Andy Katz spoke to Yi and believes that not only would the Bucks likely take him at 6 if he's available, but his overwhelming desire to play in the NBA might trump his agents' attempts to steer him clear of Milwaukee.
Yi told ESPN.com Wednesday that he would be in the NBA next season. That would seemingly cancel out any veiled attempt by his handlers to push him back to China if he went to a team like Milwaukee.
"NBA next season, no question," Yi said. When asked if he would go back to China he laughed and said "no."
- Jonathan Givony of DX reasserts the rumored trade of Yi (if he falls to 6) for Golden State's Andris Biedrins/#18. Biedrins will be looking for an extension, but he's a hard-working , shot-blocking double-double guy at the age of 21. Let's hope the Warriors ignore the outrage their fans would have over this deal. Sign me up.
- Chuck Gardner's final mock has the Bucks taking Ohio St. PG Mike Conley over Jeff Green, hinging on the Grizzlies' willingness to take Noah at 4.
- Gery Woelfel's final mock has the Bucks taking Yi over Green, though he doesn't provide any explanation as to whether we trade him or not.
- Chad Ford and Givony both believe Billy Knight will win the Horford/Yi debate and take the Florida PF at 3.