I think we need a caption contest. Gary Dineen/NBA.com
- Charles Gardner writes Mo Williams' shoulder injury isn't thought to be serious.
Williams said he felt a bit of pain when he bumped into Chicago's Viktor Khryapa in the first half on Tuesday. The Bucks guard plans to play with a protective bar pad to protect the shoulder.
"I'll do everything I can for safety," Williams said. "Training camp is so physical. I think if you get past training camp, I don't think I'll have any problems with it."
I have to admit, I don't totally get Mo's logic about the regular season being somehow safer than training camp, but I hope he's right. Also check out Gardner's chat transcript from last night.
- Tom Enlund profiles Charlie Villanueva.
- Rob Peterson is once again writing for NBA.com, and on the second day of the new NBA.com blog he has some great pictures from the Bucks' outing to a local grocery store. CBS 58 also has brief Redd and Mason interviews from the trip. Rob has been writing great stuff for NBA.com forever, and spent last season focusing on the Central. Meanwhile, Chinese website Sohu has more pictures than anyone else, as always.
- The Journal Times now also has a Youtube Channel, where you can watch the Woelfel preview I linked to the other day.
- Larry Lage at the Sporting News has a preview of the 07/08 Bucks, which focuses on Larry Harris' make-or-break year.
"Just like players, general managers have to produce good results in the final year of their contract," Harris says. "Even though we're a smaller-market team, Sen. Kohl has been very accommodating by allowing us to keep players such as Mo Williams and Michael Redd. Rightfully so, he wants a return on his investment -- financially and emotionally -- by winning."
- The Bucks will again be providing special shuttle service to/from all games this season
- Ersan Ilyasova made his regular season Spanish league debut in FC Barcelona's 86-77 win over Valladolid last weekend, scoring 5 points in 8 minutes of action. I can only assume Barcelona's decision to spell his name "Yliasova" all over their site is some sort of Catalan thing, because I've never seen it spelled that way anywhere else.