- Camp starts tomorrow. Excited? Bucks.com has all the key dates, including information on the free scrimmage being held October 6 at the Bradley Center.
- Yi Jianlian has been playing with China in the CBA-Euroleague tournament the past few days, getting some experience against top European competition before flying to Milwaukee on Wednesday. China beat Italian team Bennetton Basket Tamoil 78-75 on Sunday. with Yao scoring 38 and Yi chipping in 13 points and 5 rebounds (box score). This morning the Chinese fell 83-77 to Euro power CSKA Moscow, with Yi notching 12/6 in 32 minutes (box score). You can watch full streaming video of the CSKA game here, which is worth it if only to hear the Borat-sounding announcer. China concludes the round-robin tournament tomorrow against the Syndey Kings.
- Brian Dolittle at Rototimes dissects the Bucks' fantasy prospects.
- I'd heard some Chinese RealGM posters mention this previously, but here's some confirmation from Mitch Lawrence that new Bucks assistant Jarinn Akana worked with Yi the last two years in China.
- Sam Smith apparently isn't sleeping on the Bucks:
In the Eastern Conference, the popular pick is for the Bulls to finish on top of a wide-open conference, with challenges coming from Miami, Cleveland, New Jersey and Detroit. And watch out for Milwaukee (with China's Yi Jianlian) and Toronto with a team disguised as entrants in a three-point shooting contest.
- Ryan Wolstat of SLAM! previews the entire league.