- No TV again tonight as the Bucks go to Denver for their sixth preseason game. Awvee Storey didn't travel with the team, otherwise no other word on injuries (Bucks.com notes). Listen to the game here starting at 8 pm CT.
- Charles Gardner writes about the Bucks rebounding woes, which has been somewhat overlooked with all the emphasis on defense. The Bucks certainly missed Jamaal Magloire on the glass last year, finishing 28th in the league in rebounding margin. Now they're hoping they can improve despite not adding a big rebounder this offseason.
"The period on the end of the defensive sentence, before you can consider it a stop, is getting a rebound," Krystkowiak said. "The very last part of it is possession of the ball that means, 'Now it's our turn.'
"I had a really good coach tell me a few years back that you can be a really good defensive team, but if you give up too many offensive rebounds, it makes you very average."
- Bob Wolfley writes that Jason Caffey is not doing so well, having filed for bankruptcy recently. I'm sure Andrew Bogut would have no comment.
Caffey was jailed this year in Tuscaloosa, Ala., and is facing an arrest warrant in Georgia, both stemming from back child-support issues.
He has fathered eight children with seven women.
"The guy has made more money than he has sense," said attorney Clarence Roby, who represents a Louisiana woman who is seeking child support for two children. "He has not paid anything since May 2005. . . . He is the epitome of a deadbeat dad."
More than half of Caffey's reported monthly income of $7,000 goes to alimony and child support, according to the story.
"Who wouldn't have trouble with that after retiring five years ago?" Caffey said.
- Jared Reiner is playing in Spain this season and he's also blogging for DraftExpress. Here's a quick sample:
I went back home to God’s Country and played about 30 games for the Sioux Falls Skyforce in the D-League. Not tooting my own horn or anything, but I put the towel down and actually made the All-Star game, and was voted 2nd team All D-League. After getting a couple ten-day contracts with the Bucks, I somehow tricked them into signing me for the rest of the year.
So one couldn’t say that I had just a cup of coffee in the NBA. It is more like a grande frappuccino and a bagel with strawberry cream cheese. Not bad for a kid from a town in South Dakota which has a population of around 800, including a couple family pets and stray dogs.
Yes, I know that the blogging world already has the self-depreciating white guy in Paul Shirley, but he actually has literary talent, a book, and even a myspace page. I have an iTunes account and a MacBook. Go figure.
- John Cregan at ESPN writes about the fantasy implications of the Yi/Villanueva battle at PF.
- Ersan Ilyasova had two points in AXA FC Barcelona's 69-65 win over Gran Canaria last weekend. Ersan was 1/6 from the field with 2 rebounds in 14 minutes (box score).